Winter Knitting Revisited
There's been a decent amount of sunshine, the 500 is over, and I sincerely hope we've seen the last of the snow. That probably means it's time for me to go over my list of winter knitting goals, and see how I did. This is not going to be pretty.
Edit: Ali, of Skeins Her Way, has brought back the "Summer Knitting Goals" contest that inspired me to do this in the first place. So if I'm really lucky, I'll be adding to the to-do list!
Out of the original list of 13 things to knit, I've finished exactly one - the Christmas Socks - and I didn't finish those until after 12th Night. A handful of other projects sneaked onto the list a bit later:
- Silk toe socks
- Norwegian Socks
- Fiber Fish Mittens
- Killer Hat
- Lickety Split Socks
- Jacobean Socks
There were, I should note, a few other projects that never made it to the list. The Zombie socks are the only notable one, although I'm also quite pleased with my Obama hat. If I try to bring all the undeclared projects into the list, the dishcloths for the Yarn Harlot are really going to hurt me in the completing-things department. And I only finished half the set of Sock Wars socks before I died, so that doesn't look so good, either.
The non-knitting list isn't much better.
I cleaned the apartment, but only the visible parts. It's still a mess. I haven't done any work on photo albums. My dead computer has gone untouched. I sold my old car and replaced it with a new one, so that sort of counts as "fixing," but the person who got the old one has a "to-do" list that keeps growing.
The one thing I managed was to work for the Obama campaign - having the still-going primary helped there. I didn't do as much as I'd like, but I've discovered that I really hate knocking on doors and making phone calls to strangers, so it's been a learning experience.
Now it's time for the new list. When I started it, I didn't know I'd be planning a wedding.
- Amanda's Sockday Socks
- Finish the Dog Sweaters
- Travelling Socks, if I can figure out how to knit them
- Reversai Socks
- Lickety Split socks (in time for my birthday, although I probably won't need them then)
- The Red Scarf
- Finish the Kauni Cardigan in time to wear next fall
- Avoid the temptation to cast on "Isabella" until I've finished the Kauni Cardigan
- "Hope" socks, in time for November
- Preemie caps for any remaining primaries
- Deliver the IN preemie caps
- Other Obama charity knitting
- My Hogwarts kit, for the swap
- Join the SP12 swap
- My Wedding Shawl
- Fiber Fish mittens
- Bavarian Strolling socks
- Sidewinders socks
- Bulgarian Rose socks
- Cotton socks
- Coriolis socks
- The "Walkies" pattern
- Nordic Socks
- March/April Sock Club socks
- May/June Sock Club socks
- Something fun - preferably with a fish!
In the non-knitting activities, I have
- Book a wedding location and date
- Go over my new car to make sure everything works
- Clean the apartment. Seriously.
- Empty one box of papers a month, including putting away all the stuff I keep.
- Finish that silk dress from last year
- Write an article for the Indiana Historical Society
- Finish my Munich/Greece photo album
- Put together an Oldenburg album
- Make new SCA garb
- Finish my Viking shoes
- Make beads again.