Thursday, March 06, 2008

Socks, Socks, Socks, Socks, Socks, Socks, Socks!!!! (and more socks)

I'm lucky that I haven't walked into any walls today. I can't stop looking down at my feet.


I'm wearing toe socks! I love these socks more than my last pair of toe socks. I love the feel of the Regia Silk yarn, and I love the happy way the color bands worked out on the toes. Notice how the big and little toes on my left foot are striped the same way? That's a total coincidence, but I love it. Wow, I love these socks.


There's a lot of sock love to go around today, because today is my sockday!!!! We've been doing this sock swapping for nearly two years, and finally - finally - it's my turn.

So why is it that today, of all days, some drunk and unlicensed idiot would decide to go driving the wrong way down a busy street and run into a semi causing a diesel fuel spill right in front of the restaurant where we're meeting for my sockday?!?!!? Apparently the thought of me shouting "come on, come on, you motherfu***rs, get out of the way, it's my Sockday, dammit, IT'S MY SOCKDAY!" is an amusing one. But I think it's a completely appropriate response, to finding there's a giant toxic pool and a whole bunch of slow drivers between me and my socks. I don't even want to talk about the ice and the parking lot.


Eventually, everyone who was supposed to be there made it, so we dined on tasty Greek food at The Parthenon, which was my favorite special occasion restaurant when I was living on an undergraduate budget. It's still a nice place now - and they sell Retsina wine, which came as handy for getting over the traffic stress as for drinking toasts to socks. So here are four of my wonderful new socks with their creators. I'll post pictures all of the socks tomorrow - and I'll probably be carrying the socks around with me all night tonight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

YAY! Happy Sockday! I thought I recognized that view out your car window, LOL.....

I miss Parthenon - among other places. YUM.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I hadn't noticed I was wearing a shirt the exact color of the socks, so they camouflage nicely in the picture. :)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home