Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Finished!

It's Tuesday night, and I've finally finished my Zombie Socks for Sock Madness!

Normally, I'd be pretty impressed with myself for finishing a pair of socks in less than a week. But Sock Madness has left me pretty humble - the first to finish had her socks done in just over 12 hours. I think I'm lucky to get through Round 1, and now have pretty serious doubts about Round 2. I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, since knitting is supposed to be a break from all of the things I Have To Get Done. Having knitting become Stuff I Have To Finish kind of takes the fun out of it.

Besides, I need to return my attention to Hat Attack. I have a new murder victim, just waiting for her parasite-laden fuzzy hat death.

I really like my new socks, and not just because they saw Barack Obama. (I've had people coming up to me all day long to say they saw me on TV. People I don't even know. It's kind of cool. And just for the record, I wasn't vetted before I asked that question - he called on me with no idea of what I was going to say.)

I like the look of the socks. I like that they're fun and easy to knit (as long as we don't talk about frogging the heel flap because I forgot a significant part of the directions). I like the garter-stitch edge on the heel. And I love the yarn. I think I'm going to call them "Mermaid" socks, since I think they look more scaly than zombie-like.

I wonder what's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home