Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hogwarts


I'm busy re-reading all of the Harry Potter books, for knitting reasons. I've signed up for the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap, and it looks like it's going to be tons of fun.

This is no ordinary swap. There are all sorts of activities - games, contests, a chat room, and even a chance to find the Golden Snitch. What you send your partner is pretty carefully dictated, too, so there's no danger of getting three half-balls of leftovers from someone's stash. I've always had really good swapping experiences, but it's nice to be able to enter a swap with confidence.

The organizer, Jeneanw, is one of my fellow moderators from Knitters for Barack Obama. She's just amazing at putting things together - she's also one of the people who organized the Obama Afghan Drawing that raised over $8700 for the campaign. I'm really glad Ravelry lead me to her blog, so I could find out about this Hogwarts thing.

I've joined House Hufflepuff, and my "Hogwarts name" is Selena Starfire. All of the sorting quizzes put me in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but she needed people to join Hufflepuff, and I really didn't mind. Maybe being easy-going enough to do that makes me a Hufflepuff. The name generators all gave me different options, but I went with this one because I've always wanted a Bethlehem Starfire torch for beadmaking.

There's still time to join! If you'd like to attend Hogwarts with me, just visit the site linked above.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home