Saturday, July 05, 2008

SP12 Questions

I seem to be answering these two at a time - so here are Questions #3 and #4 for Secret Pal Twelve:

What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

- Enough, but not too much. Enough to be able to start a new project at any time, and enough to make some basic gifts without having to make a yarn store trip. My stash fills two suitcases, three plastic boxes, and a giant Ziploc bag - I think it's getting to be a bit big. That won't stop me from adding to it, but it means that I really should look to stash yarn first. I have lots of new projects that I want to start, or projects that I should finish.

But there was a time, a couple of years ago, when I was caught without a knitting project. That wound up meaning twelve hours on an airplane - and a full day of travel - with absolutely nothing to do. I don't want that to ever happen again. So the "enough" part is really important.

What yarn (that you don't have/haven't used) would make your stash "complete," and what yarn do you never want to be without?

Hmmm...this is harder. I'd like to try the Wollmeise Sockenwolle yarn that everyone's talking about. But what my stash needs most is cotton or other non-wool, non-sock yarns - maybe Blue Sky Cotton, enough to make at least a tank top or short-sleeved sweater. Their Alpaca Silk is lovely, too - I'd be very happy to have it in my stash!

As for yarns to never be without, if I could only have one yarn, it would be Dale of Norway's Baby Ull. It's soft, versatile, and superwash - I use it for a lot of things. I also get a lot of use out of Louet Gems Pearl, and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport (not Shepherd Sock!) is one of my favorite sock yarns - but the Baby Ull is good for just about anything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm. interesting....I love the pasties too.. would you really wear them?? or sew them on to something else (like other than boobs). LOL. (your SP12 buddy)

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home