Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sock Madness Begins

Or Oops, I Did it Again.

Not that I need any more knitting stress - but well, who can turn down Sock Madness, especially when I'm from the home of March Madness? The first pattern came out yesterday, so I've spent Much Too Much time knitting.

This is a first for Sock Madness - a sideways sock. I love the look of sideways socks but haven't had good luck with them in the past, so I really hope this one will turn out to be a sock that fits. Unlike the Sidewinder, this sock is knit as a tube, and then stitches are picked up for the heel, toe, and cuff. That should give a little wiggle room to improve the fit.


I'm using Jitterbug yarn, since the pattern recommendation called for something crazy. And now I have two weeks to knit, in order to qualify for Round 2 of Sock Madness.

I had a pleasant surprise in today's mail - free Spa yarn from Caron! Caron was doing a "Try Our New Yarn" giveaway on Facebook awhile ago, and I was one of the lucky people who got my request in early. I don't know how big a fan I'll be - there's a high acrylic content in all of the "naturally Caron" yarns - but it's nice and soft, and I'm sure it will work well for something. Something to knit after Sock Madness, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home