Tuesday, March 02, 2010

So, what now?

It's hard to believe the Olympics are over.

I've been wandering around the house in something of a daze, picking up the TV remote and then putting it down again when I realize it won't show me curling.

I've been a little dazed about the knitting, too. I started a Wavy Gravy Hat during the closing ceremonies, but chose post-ceremony sleep over progress and a chance at another medal. So it's about 1/3 finished, and I expect I'll make a lot more progress at Sit, Sip, and Knit tonight. Still, I haven't really wanted to knit much - which is weird as all get-out, I think. Or maybe not - perhaps post-sweater letdown is perfectly normal.

There's another project that I'm very excited about, and eager to knit - I just can't show or write anything about it. The Lafayette knitters have revived the Sock Day Club for another round, and I'm not going to let a 2-hour drive keep me from joining in.

The first round of socks will go to Elizabeth, and I love the socks I'm making for her. I love having a good excuse to knit these socks. I hope she'll love them as much as I do.

I just can't show them, because they're a surprise for Elizabeth. But come May, everyone will have a chance to love these socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home