Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting There

I'm making good progress on the Olympic sweater - on sleeve down, one to go!

The sleeves don't move quite as quickly as I keep telling myself they should, but they're moving. I thought I'd do the bottom band on Tuesday, and the sleeve on Wednesday. But I want a nice long sleeve, so it's worth taking the time to do this. I'm glad I bought the extra ball of yarn, because I had to use it for the last three rows of garter stitch.

The big question now is what to knit next? I originally planned to go through charity hats if I finish the sweater, but that was before the Opening Ceremonies. Now I really, really want one of the nifty hats the Americans were wearing, and Ravelry has the pattern. So if I finish the sweater, I'm going to knit one charity hat, which is the second Olympic project I signed up for on Ravelry. If there's any time after that, I'll cast on a reindeer hat. And then, sometime next week, I'll do things like housework, and trying to finish a couple of Christmas presents. But I'll be doing it with a new sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home