Sunday, March 14, 2010

Progress and Parties and Pi

After such a good start you'd think I'd have more knitting done, but I'm afraid I'm not there yet. I have half a sock, and it's the easy half.

This is the tube part of Sock #1. I've never had the Kitchener-hating that seems to crop up among knitters, but doing this long graft wasn't a lot of fun. Since I'm worried about the short yardage in a Jitterbug skein I'm going to knit the second tube before I start adding heels and toes and cuffs, just in case I have to add in a second yarn. I have to say I like the way the Jitterbug has striped, even if I'm not so confident about the fit. I think the foot is a bit longer than it needs to be, and the cuff a bit tight. But there will be some room to finesse things once I'm adding the other parts, so I'm optimistic that everything will turn out all right.


I've had Other Things On My Mind lately - we hosted a potluck for the Math Department on Friday, so I spent a couple of days cleaning and cooking, and then another day recovering. We had a great time, and were able to celebrate Pi day today with a delicious apple pie, thanks to some generously left leftovers. I contributed my own dessert (so cookie decorating ate knitting time) - sugar cookies decorated either for Illinois Wesleyan or St. Patrick's day, whichever seems appropriate.


This week is Spring Break, so soon we'll be getting ready to head to our respective hometowns for a few days each. I like trips home, because I can get Aaron to drive and have lots of knitting time in the car. I have to make a "reasonable effort" at knitting my sideways socks to qualify to get the rest of the Sock Madness patterns, and I'd really like to be able to make it to Round 4 this year. So I'll have a lot of knitting to do in the next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home