Thursday, July 10, 2008

O! Kentucky

Here's yet another entry in the "Why I haven't finished my headwrap" category.

The Knitters for Barack Obama are doing another fund-raising effort. Every $5 donated through their group's page earns one ticket for a drawing for all sorts of knitting-related prizes.


One of the prizes is a version of this afghan, made up of squares donated by people from all over. Since Indiana was already covered, I volunteered to do a Kentucky square, for Aaron.

I started and finished the square yesterday, which is pretty good for me. The state blocks for the afghan should all go pretty quickly (they're only 37 stitches across), although she only has a written-out pattern, no chart. It's a little easy to lose your place in the knitting - but with only 57 rows no mistake is too catastrophic.

So the square goes in the mail today, on to Carrie, who has generously offered to sew them all together. I hope this will make a nice prize for someone - I know there are a lot of things in the drawing that I'd like to win!

One less thing on the to-do list, and one less thing standing between me and my headwrap. I just need to be sure to get in some spinning today, and then I'll be free to knit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Morgana Black said...

Wow, that's a great afghan! I'm planning on doing a couple of Texas squares for some TX peeps. :)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home