Thursday, March 15, 2007

Socks that Barack?

It's hard to relate this to knitting, but I'm still excited about it. I've just signed up to host a Kickoff Party for Barack Obama's campaign on March 31.


I didn't vote for Clinton, so this is the first time I've really been excited about a candidate who has a chance of success (Ross Perot was one of my childhood heroes, so it was a real disappointment when his campaign flopped). I didn't think Obama would run, but here he is - so I thought I'd better step up to the plate and do something.


I don't agree with him on every issue, but he comes across like a man who can be trusted, a man of good character, and after this administration I think that's important. He seems to have real ideas for specific things to do, and that will help even if he doesn't win. And it doesn't hurt that he's articulate and looks good on TV....another nice change!


I'll even be slipping away early from sock club to host my party. Now that's dedicated! But that doesn't mean that I won't be knitting socks during the party! Maybe I'll break out the red-white-and-blue "Nation Color" yarn from Germany.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home