Saturday, March 03, 2007

Cold Day, Warm Dogs

It turns out that beautiful yarn wasn't the only thing my boyfriend brought back. I have a Spanish cold, which he contracted by going out without a coat in 70 degree weather, or by sharing an airplane with a woman who coughed for two hours, depending on who you believe. So this is not a weekend for being productive.

Once I can hold my head up, I'm going to chill in front of the TV and try to make some progress on Oscar's sweater. My brain is far too fried for any scholarly reading -especially since this week's assignments include a healthy dose of Foucault - but I think I can handle "My Name is Earl" and garter stitch. The sweater design is the basic pattern from Posh Pooches, tweaked to be done in Mosaic Garter Stitch, heavily inspired by this "Doggy's Got Style" sweater. It's only the second time I've ever swatched, but since there are a lot more variations on dogs' body shapes than on humans', it's probably more necessary. Max and Oscar are roughly the same length and height, but Max has a 22" chest, while Oscar's is only 18".

Max will be getting a sweater, too. I don't know if he'll like having a sweater, but he's been shivering when he goes out. I've started to really like this stitch, but I don't think my affection will inspire a matching sweater for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home