Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Freimarkt!

This is a post that should have been made long ago, but since I still have a cold, catching up may be all I can do. So here I am in Bremen, Germany, with one of many statues of the Town Musicians of Bremen, wearing my German socks.





The socks are Grumperina's Jaywalkers, done in Regia Nation Color in the German flag colorway. I finished them in Germany, so this was their debut. It was about 45 degrees and clammy in mid-October in Bremen, so I couldn't make socks fast enough.







We had the good fortune to be in Bremen for the opening day of their Freimarkt, which appears to be the German equivalent of a state fair, but without the livestock. There were rides and food booths, and they kicked of the celebration by tying balloons and a giant cookie to the statue of Roland. The fair food delicious - and cold air always makes hot fried things welcome!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home