Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thrum, They Told Me

Here's a record-breaking finished object! I cast on these thrummed mittens last Friday after Sam's Sockday party, and just finished today. Not bad for a week's work, although I think the snowdays helped.

It's been much too cold here. None of my other gloves or mittens keep my hands warm. But I just bought a pair of glove liners from Wintersilks, so between those and these I should be ok now. Maybe finishing the mittens means spring is just around the corner!

I used Cascade 220 yarn, with some random bits of wool from the stash. The pattern is from Yarn Forward, although I also appreciated the Yarn Harlot's tips on thrumming (which I don't seem to be able to find right now). I'd definitely make some changes to the pattern if I did it again - the cuff should be longer, and I'd do shaped decreases for the top. But if I did it again I'd probably just find a pattern with a thumb gusset. I'm not sure how well these are going to fit. But if my hands are finally warm, I'm not sure I'll care.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home