Friday, January 01, 2010

Resolutions

Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged.

If I were to make New Year's Resolutions, "more blogging" would be a good place to start. Usually I don't make resolutions, but that's no reason why I can't blog more, and maybe try to Get Some Things Done with the New Year.

Thing #1 is knitting! I took knitting with me to the great New Year's celebration I attended last night, but didn't have a chance to get it out. We went down to Indianapolis, to a new club called Radio Radio, for a concert by the Born-Again Floozies and the Leisure Kings. You may remember the Leisure Kings from an earlier meeting with one of my socks - celebrating with them, and checking out the Floozies, was an easy choice to make. The two groups came together at midnight for an absolutely wonderful rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" - about halfway through they switched from the real lyrics to Christmas Carols, and somehow it worked perfectly, right to the "in excelsis Deo" at the end.


But knitting. We're talking about knitting. I didn't do any knitting at the concert, but I did see this great knit hat. I probably should have gone over to see if the hat's wearer was also the hat's knitter, but I never quite made it. If anyone recognizes the owner or the pattern, I'd love to hear about it.


And now for my New Year's knitting! I like to start a project on New Year's Day, even if I'm otherwise trying to cut down. This year there are two projects:

First is a very plain pair of socks, knit in some Fortissima Socka "Graffiti" yarn. It won't be the most exciting knitting, but it gives me a good in-car project. I cast on last night after getting home, and the knitting here is the result of the three-hour trip home. (Aaron's been wonderful throughout the holiday season about driving so I could knit, and so I took advantage of that.) The colorway is called "A Sunny Forecast," which makes a good wish for the new year, so it's a good New Year's project.


The second one is for a knitalong. Ewe Knit, one of the local yarn stores, has started a knitalong for the Mojo Socks, so even though I've never been to a get-together there, I decided to join in. The yarn is from Cosmic Fibers, a superwash merino in the Half Blood Prince colorway. It was a gift from Amethyst Aurag for one of the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swaps, and this magical pattern seems like the perfect excuse to use it!


So, now it's time to get down to knitting. And to blogging more regularly, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home