Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tag!

It's here! It's here it's here it's here!


And it's gone already. My Dish Rag Tag box came today, and now it's on its way to Minnesota, with a new dish rag tucked inside.

The mail came just a little early today, so I got the box about 2:30. Fortunately, I'd just walked the dogs, so they were pretty tired and content to sit on the porch with me.


Here's what I found inside the box - a nicely beribboned dishcloth, a pretty little notebook as the surprise, some ice cream-colored yarn, and an encouraging note for the team. So I made myself comfortable and cast on - it's a fairly simple pattern, and easy to remember and keep track of.


By 3:32 I was halfway through. This proved to be break time, as the dogs decided they wanted a walk, and then Aaron came home. It's probably good for me.


And I didn't lose much time - I finished the Official Dish Rag at 4:26.


I took it inside, and packaged everything up again - finished dishcloth, new yarn, new goodie. This was my first time using the Post Office's Click-n-Ship, and it was amazingly easy and convenient.


I walked out the door at 4:49, and had it in the mail before 5:00. It hasn't shown up in the tracking system yet - but I'm sure I'll be checking its status a couple of dozen times tomorrow. I'm really hoping it gets to the next knitter on Saturday, so she has the weekend to knit. The Fast Track Knitters have kind of fallen behind, so we could use some lucky breaks.


Here's a better look at my finished dishcloth. The pattern is called "Checkmate." I like the pattern, and I like seeing how the stripes line up on the knitted and purled sections. If I have enough leftover yarn, I may have to knit one of these ice-cream-colored dishcloths for myself.


Something else is capturing my attention today - this flower just turned up in our backyard. Does anyone know what it is?

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

This is great Laura! So much fun to look at the step-by-step. Thanks for posting.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Awesome! Great work!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home