Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Surprises

I don't have much new knitting, so I'll show off some other projects here - things that are for other people, but I'll just hope they aren't reading this and I'm not spoiling any surprises.

This is my bookmark for the Hogwarts Bookmark Swap. The swap is intended to give us a little something to do now that Term 6 is over. We could do anything we wanted for the bookmarks, so I decided to card weave mine for a change of pace. I wanted to have some little cards in order to avoid waste, so I made these from a cardboard box - they're about 1.5" on a side. The bookmark will be about 1" wide, and is made from perle cotton. My recipient is a Gryffindor, so that's why I picked the colors. The nicer part of the pattern is actually on the other side - somehow things got all twisted around when I put it on the loom.

And this is the project that's been keeping me entertained at work - enclosures for the Knitters for Barack Obama holiday card exchange. I printed out 2" squares with the Obama logo on a color laser printer, and now I'm using directions from Home Decorating with Origami to make the stars. Originally I thought about trying to incorporate the stars into a homemade card, but decided that was way too ambitious - even with commercial cards, I'll be lucky to get any Christmas cards out before New Year's!


I hope that the next few days bring me back to my regularly scheduled knitting. I'm sure Aaron hopes the next few days bring me back to my not-so-regularly-scheduled housecleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home