Friday, October 16, 2009

In the Mail

This was a good week for mail - I received my very first LSG RAK, and couldn't believe how nice it is.

KnotMyDayJob posted a pair of shoes as "free to a good home," and since they looked like my size and I don't have many respectable shoes, I said I'd love to have them. So I was expecting shoes - but I wasn't expecting all the other things that came with them. She sent me candy, cookies, nuts, and some fabric bits which will come in very handy for sewing little bags. My small sewing projects don't use much fabric, and I feel kind of guilty asking the people at the fabric store to cut me a bunch of eighth yards of calico, so it's nice to get other people's leftovers.


Getting the package nudged me to get my own RAK action going, so I sent off four packages today. Three were for LSG members, and one is for my sister - I finished her Calorimetry this morning. I've been pretty good at guessing how many stitches I need to cast on for each yarn, which is lucky. I'm wearing my own headband almost every day.


I'd like to report that I'm going to get back to finishing things, but I'm afraid it's not that easy. I went out shopping yesterday to pick up yarn for the latest Hogwarts Swap, and I've started something for my spoilee. I won't be sharing pictures of the work in progress, but since I have a separate character blog it's probably safe to show off the yarn here. I think my spoilee's "team colors" (this round is Quidditch-themed) make a lovely combination, and I was lucky to find a Homecoming sale at one of my local yarn stores. So that's one more project started, but sooner or later I'll get around to the finishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home