Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Was there knitting at the wedding?

Heck, yeah!

But you don't want the short answer, right? You want proof. I have some.....

I started my Honeymoon Sock on the day of the bachelorette party. The yarn is some that Aaron brought back from Germany, so it seemed appropriately sentimental for wedding knitting.

The sock got to come to the party, and hang out with the friendly bartender at Jillians.


And while there were a few of the more traditional bachelorette gifts (none of which will be pictured here), Kerry brought me yarn. Handspun yarn! She's saying good-bye to it here, and I'm just amazed and touched that she was able to part with such lovely yarn.


It turns out that there's a lot of hurry-up-and-wait at a wedding. I had to get ready early, and spend a lot of time hiding so none of the guests would see me. Just think - nearly an hour of uninterrupted knitting time! It's almost a shame I can't get married every weekend!


I didn't actually knit during the wedding, but two of my Sock Day Club friends came, so I'm pretty sure there was knitting during the actual ceremony.


And I brought the sock out again for the pictures.


I thought I was being very good by not actually registering for yarn. Fortunately, Kira knew I'd be more than happy with non-registry gifts. She made sure I had yarn at the reception - because she wanted me to be well-stocked for the honeymoon! She stressed that I was only supposed to knit in the car.


And I stuck to that, for the most part. But some things just cried out for sock pictures.

(No, I don't know why there's a giant swan here - it's at a Chamber of Commerce office someplace in Michigan. But when you see a giant concrete swan, you kind of have to stop and take its picture.)


As it happens, I didn't need to tap into Kira's provisions. We found this on the way to Mackinac City - possibly the best business combination I've ever seen.

We spent the honeymoon driving around Lake Michigan. Aaron did the driving, so that gave me lots of time to knit. But there were some times when knitting just wouldn't have been a good idea.

Like this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Laiane said...

Congratulations, VeryBadDogs! You look radiant.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home