Friday, May 29, 2009

The $3.50 Sweater!



It is really nice when things just work!

My sweater is finished. Totally finished. Blocked, seamed, buttoned, ready to wear - and I still have enough yarn left over for repairs. This did not seem possible six weeks ago.

But here it is, blocking. I finished it last Friday, blocked on Saturday, then did the seaming on Sunday while listening to Helio win the 500.

This marks some firsts for me - first time blocking to a specific shape, and the first time I've sewn any knits with any kind of care. I found this great page with instructions for all sorts of seams, and I think taking the time to pay attention was really worth it.

After that, there was nothing left to do but wait for Aaron to come home so he could take pictures. It's been 80 degrees almost all week, but I'm still going to wear the sweater long enough for pictures.

Finished. Not bad for $3.50. Thanks for the yarn, Debbie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home