Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Sock that Defeated Me

Sock Madness has moved on and then some, and I've finally finished Round 3.

Talia's Wings socks, made with some sort of mystery yarn. I hope I can figure out what the yarn is, because I have about half of it left.

It's a pretty little sock, and I'm reasonably happy with the way it turned out. It seems just a bit too small in this yarn, but I think it's ok.

It's probably even ok that I don't get to continue with Sock Madness. I've realized that I've come dangerously close to starting too many projects for my Winter WIP Workdown, so I really need to focus on finishing rather than starting.

I was doing so well for awhile, but then I let things get out of hand. This is one of the latest culprits - a Wavy Gravy hat for charity knitting. If I'd been good, I would have pulled out one of the ongoing charity projects - but those were hard to find, and I had the yarn handy. It's Outback Wool, a gift from a friend who was de-stashing. I'm glad I can use it for a good cause, even if it's not so good for my project-finishing. At least this one's finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home