Sunday, February 01, 2009

New Sock Club Year

I have, I think, been doing fairly well on my Winter WIP Workdown plan. So far I've only cast on one new project, and I've finished it. But that's about to change.

Last year, I did not finish a single Sock Club sock. I only started two. That makes me sad, because I've really wanted to keep up with Sock Club, so I can explore patterns and yarns that I might not pick up on my own.

But now it's a new year, and so it's a new set of socks. So I'm off to a racing start, with these Phaedra socks, designed by Michelle. She was inspired by the Kauni Cardigan, so I'll wind up with socks that look something like my sweater. Not that they'll match - she designed the pattern to use the Kureyon sock yarn, so I'm virtuously using stash, but I'm not going to color-coordinate.


The cardigan is inching its way towards being finished. I have a neckband now. I also picked out buttons yesterday, so as long as I'm able to get more (Jo-Ann's doesn't carry large quantites of any button, for some strange reason) I'll be able to button up the finished cardigan. Once it's finished, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home