Sunday, June 01, 2008

Back in Black

Maybe this won't be so bad after all. I brought the black sock to Sock Club yesterday, trying to resist all temptation to buy new yarn. I even left all my spare needles at home, so I couldn't switch to a different size of yarn. I think that helped.

What really helped was that Michelle showed me a better way to do the "left cross" - just knitting through the back loop of the second stitch, rather than doing the funky twist thing. Now that the yarn gets to go where it wants to go, and I don't really have to see what I'm doing, the whole sock is going much smoother. I finished two pattern repeats yesterday, and I'm even reasonably confident that the finished sock will fit. (Mine doesn't stretch nearly as much as Michelle's - I think I cast on too tight. But it should be OK.)

That's the big advantage to sock club - Michelle has already worked through all the pain-in-the-neck parts, so she can warn everyone about them. And it's a great excuse to start more socks - so what could be better?

Speaking of socks, I've finally made a good start on Amanda's socks, after initially getting a toe that was much too big for Aaron. No pictures, since the socks are a surprise, but I hope this means I'll conclude this Sockday activity with a pair of completely finished socks!

On the Hogwarts front, our first round of Quidditch concluded yesterday. Like my fellow Hufflepuffs, I was waiting by my computer (and even got up early to be there) to search for the Snitch when it was released at 11:30 in the morning. And I'm proud to be able to report that I found the Snitch! We had to search through a collection of clues, and I managed to find it in spite of some moments of confusion - I didn't realize there would be clues to follow. So now Hufflepuff is in the lead for House points, and I spent the day skipping around the house saying "I found the Snitch!" Go Badgers!


Some people might think this whole Hogwarts Swap thing is a bit geeky. Maybe even a bit too geeky. I'm not sure I should get into that conversation right now.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jade Bladvak said...

Congrats on finding the Snitch!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

::big hug:: yay you did it!!!

btw, who sez we're geeky? ::looks innocent while sharpening DPNs::

5:44 PM  
Blogger Charlotte kaae said...

You are my herro dear Selena... could you mail me your post adress at ck AT adlive DOT dk
I would like to send you a Snitch finding pressent :)

Hugs from
Kaaelana

2:32 AM  
Blogger Morgana Black said...

Congrats!!! My dh thinks it's pretty geeky, but he's a Regional Manager at the Dunder Mifflin (or whatever, from The Office) site, so he just thinks I've caught up with him. lol

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home