Friday, July 18, 2008

Pasties Angel

Now I think I'm really, really done with all my obligation knitting. I volunteered to be a pasties angel for the Knit Girls' spring exchange, and finally finished my backup pasties.

These are Brittany Wilson's Burlesque Fan Pasties, made of Dale of Norway's Baby Ull yarn on size 2.5 needles. The original pattern uses a worsted weight and size 5 needles, but I hardly have any worsted weight yarn in the house - and my recipient likes lavender. So I made the XL sized pasties, hoping to fit a medium. Since they're pasties, I don't think the fit needs to be very precise, as long as they cover what they're supposed to cover.

The pattern is fairly simple to knit - you start at the long edge, and decrease down to the point. Getting the feathers in place is a more complicated process involving fabric glue, scrap yarn, and shaving down the tips of the feathers to have a nice stem. (Hint: do this part outside!) I think more and shorter feathers might look better, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if these will be as good for Christmas ornaments as my other pasties.

So that's one more project that wasn't even on the list to check off the list. The list isn't going so well.

I've made a little bit of progress on the Tour de Fleece spinning. I was actually feeling pretty good for a little bit - after some marathon spinning last night (thanks to the Greatest American Dog show) I finished all the red yarn I need to complete my project. Then I weighted it - I've spun 3/8 of an ounce of yarn so far. So that's still enough red yarn, but there's a long way to go before I'm ready to knit my bag. Maybe I shouldn't have taken the 15th as a rest day! I wonder if there are steroids that help knitters?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for real, pasties?? As in glue them to your boob? (sp 12 buddy)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, ya, me again (sp12) i sent off your fluffy envelope today!! get those size 6 needles and get ready to knit a bit

6:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

There ARE steroids that help knitters. Up until yesterday, I thought I was hospital bound. Then my doctors started me on a course of Prednisone.

End result? I was up for most of today and I'm going to complete my TDF challenge.

Love the pasties. Couldn't wear them. Feathers would tickle my toes.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home