Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Presumptive Nominee

I've had something in my refrigerator since Super Tuesday.

It's time to take it out now.

We just drank a small bottle of Champagne to celebrate that Barack Obama has clinched the 2,118 delegates needed to become the Democratic party's nominee for President of the United States.

Even though I should be working on Amanda's socks, I brought the "Audacity" socks out to celebrate on this night. Now I have a deadline for finishing - I need to be able to wear them on November 4!


(Let me add, because I'm just so proud of her, that Blackbunny, the yarn dyer, has a new book out through Interweave Press!)

We're all curled up in front of the TV - even the dogs got a couple drops of Champagne, so they could share in the celebration. (And they seemed to really like it. This is kind of frightening.)

Tomorrow I'll get back to work on Amanda's socks. But now I'm too teary-eyed to do colorwork.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love(1)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home