Friday, June 06, 2008

Magical Creatures

We Hufflepuffs have another quiz - this time we're supposed to write about Magical Creatures.

My friend in Ravenclaw has a really cute crup, but the Magical Creature I'd most like to own is a niffler. Aren't they adorable? This little fellow looks a bit like a cross between a rat and a mole, and they're supposed to be very affectionate.


I've always loved rodent pets. I used to have rats who loved to high-dive off my bookshelf. They'd climb up the wall, jump off the shelf onto the couch, and then run around and do it again. I don't know if they were magical or not, but they were sure fun to watch!

And nifflers, of course, are supposed to be wonderfully useful for finding stuff. Some of the books on Magical Creatures suggest that's a problem, because they'll get into things, but it's not like I haven't seen that problem before.

I think Oscar may be part niffler. See how he has a long, pointy nose? He has a curly tail, too. He's definitely very affectionate. He's also attracted to shiny things - he's tried to bite my ring, and he chewed up an earring once. I even caught Max with a whole gold chain in his mouth, so he may have some niffler tendencies, too.


Just like a niffler, Oscar loves to burrow. When he's inside, he likes to sleep under blankets.


And when he's outside, he can't resist dirt. He'd dig himself a tunnel if I'd let him.


So I may not be keeping any Magical Creatures at Hogwarts, but I think I have a magical half-breed or two at home. Surely Muggle dogs couldn't be so ingenious at being bad!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home