Monday, February 11, 2008

Handwashing Socks or Tonguewashing Socks?

I spent Sunday evening washing socks. It's definitely not at the top of my fun things to do list, but even by hand I can do laundry faster than I can knit.

In the process, I discovered that one of my sock yarns isn't colorfast. I'm blaming the Mountain Colors Bearfoot, since it's the one that gave me the blue feet.

I don't know if there's a more efficient way to do this. I suspect that the only thing I hate more than washing clothes by hand is washing dishes by hand - and that only wins because I have to do it more often. When I visit my family the socks can have a nice, leisurely bath in their washing machine, but I'm less inclined to trust the laundromats with my handknits. I just wish there was an easier way.....

But this is not what I had in mind. I don't know if Oscar thought he was helping, when he kept trying to lick the clean socks, or if he thought I was having so much fun that I really wanted to wash my socks again. When he wasn't trying to get directly involved in the washing process, he was trying to lap up water from the ones on the drying rack. I'm just glad he didn't manage to turn himself blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home