Saturday, January 26, 2008

Full Bloom

When I woke up this morning, the smell of hyacinth hit me as soon as I walked into the living room. Yesterday, I'd notice a whiff of fragrance if I leaned over the table, but today the aroma pervades much of the apartment. I have a plant that's very nearly in full bloom.


And it was there by the time I got home from work. Trader Joe's always has a tempting collection of flowers available, and I'm really glad I gave in this time. Did you notice that having the hyacinth even inspired me to clean off the dining table? That, alone, is worth $2.49.


There's even more excitement this evening. A nearly-finished toe sock, for one thing. And that I nearly finished the toe sock while watching Barack Obama give his victory speech in South Carolina! Tomorrow I'll finish the toes on my socks - if the excitement has worn off enough that I can sit and knit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home