Saturday, July 14, 2007

Getting Ahead

I may have a lot of works-in-progress, but now I'm ahead of schedule for the July/August Sock Club! I'm going to miss the meeting, so I'm using that as justification to go ahead and get started - besides, I haven't started a new project for several days now.

The July/August sock comes from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Around. River Knits is featuring Elizabeth Zimmerman this summer, with several classes and discussion groups, so of course I had to buy the book! And I may fall in love with the projects, too.

I know I'm in love with the yarn. This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Seaside. All to often, Lorna's Laces yarns look so promising in the skein, but then stripe in some horrible way when knit. This one is proving to be a pleasant surprise, with a very interesting pattern.

The sock is a Moccasin sock, which will have its sole knitted in a different color. I just started it today, and look how far along I am! Some people may be getting Moccasin Socks for Christmas - any excuse to buy more of this yarn is a good one!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home