Saturday, July 07, 2007

Back to School Class!

There's something new at River Knits!

Today I delivered the samples for my Needle Felting Class. The bag is easy to see, and then there's a little felt bracelet propped in front of the Denise needle set. You can't quite tell from the picture, but the middle daisy is 3-dimensional, with detached petals.

I'll be teaching how to embellish knitted objects with needle felting this Thursday, July 12. There's still plenty of room in the class, and Elizabeth has some ready-made felted items available, if you don't have a project that's just waiting to be finished.

Teaching this class, by the way, is on my "knitting goals" list for the summer. I hope I'll have lots of students come to help me cross off this one!


Finishing the felted samples meant I had to slow down a bit on the Mystery Stole, but I'm making progress. This shows Chart A - which is half of Clue 1 - completed. Clue 2 came out yesterday, so I have some catching up to do before Clue 3 appears next Friday. There are all sorts of guesses about the theme, but I don't have any ideas so far. There's a much better picture of a complete-so-far stole here, but that doesn't help me guess. Maybe something Viking?

By far the coolest thing about the Mystery Stole so far is that my comments about it brought me an e-mail from the Yarn Harlot. This is, I think, the first brush with fame I've ever had. (I could put in a long aside about living in Washington, D.C. for three months and not seeing anyone famous, while my friend who visited for the weekend had breakfast with Joe Lieberman, but I won't.) The Harlot says I'll thank her when it's over. I hope I can remember to do that when I finish the stole, sometime in the next five years.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm doing the mystery stole too!! Yours is looking great. I ended up using fingering weight with slight color varigation..wish I'd done the black or white now...oh well!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home