Monday, July 02, 2007

Birthday Meme

This looks like a fun one! Nobody's tagged me, but I saw it on Robyn's blog. Go to Wikipeda, look up your birthday, then post 3 events, 2 births, and a holiday. Then tag 5 other people. I'm tagging Elizabeth, Amanda, the other Amanda, the new Amanda, Darlene, and Carolyn. Yeah, that's 6 - but Robyn tagged 6, so I'm OK, right?

June 15

Events

763 BC - Assyrians record a solar eclipse that will be used to fix the chronology of Mesopotamian history.

1888 - Crown Prince Wilhelm becomes Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany (Oscar was almost named Wilhelm, either for the two Kaisers or for Wilhelm Klink).

1934 - The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is founded. I saw my first wild skunks ever at this park. Until then, I didn't realize that skunks lived in America - I thought they were some sort of exotic African amimal, like zebras. Perhaps I should mention that I was 10 at the time.

Birthdays

1914 - Yuri Andropov - this was the only one I knew of for a long time

1954 - James Belushi - Thanks, Wikipedia, for offering some more fun birthday sharers!

Holiday

The ninth and last day of the Vestalia, in honor of Vesta, the Roman goddess of the hearth. Guess I should've baked bread or something. There aren't a lot of good holidays available for this day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

My birthday is the day after yours!! I had no idea.. Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated! I just came to check out who you tagged and what date your birthday was! Gemini like me!! Are you two sided? Hee hee...! Do me a favor, email my "real" account (graphicdesignchick at hotmail dot com) so I can add you to my address book in there, b/c I'm shortly going to stop using my SP10 hostess email!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home