Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Glorious Fourth

I celebrated Independence Day like every good American, with lots of fireworks, but made sure there was time for some knitting, too. The socks-in-progress and I headed down to Indianapolis for the activities there.

Our first stop was at the Eiteljorg Museum, for a concert by the Roundups. They play both kinds of music - Country and Western - mostly oldies. The Eiteljorg also boasts the best food on the Canal, so their buffet was a must-do for dinner.


On a more serious note, we walked down to the memorial for the USS Indianapolis. I was pleased to see that one suburb invited some of the survivors to participate in their parade.


The sock got to enjoy the canal walk. This was once part of the Broad Ripple Canal that the Broadripple sock visited, but now they're two separate bodies of water. The downtown canal area used to be really icky, but it's being developed into a very nice part of town.


Of course, the most important part of any 4th of July celebration is the Fireworks! There's always a nice display launched from the old Indiana National Bank building. Milele got to be the latest person dragged into the "hold up this sock so I can take its picture" project, and you can see that we all had a really good time.


I came back to find out that a space opened up for me in Emily's Dish Rag Tag, so I'm looking forward to playing along. AND I signed up for Mystery Stole 3. This may not have been such a good idea, but I was weak in the face of the Yarn Harlot's post. Knitters are a community, right? Let's all be weak together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home