Friday, June 01, 2007

Goal #8, and a bonus FO

Just in time to mail off my Hurricane Sock Pal's package, I've finished another project - pouches for my Hurricane pal and my SP10 pal. If you're absolutely sure you're not one of these people, click here to see the finished project.

Both pouches are from Kumiko Sudo's Omiyage: Handmade Gifts from Fabric in the Japanese Tradition. I love this book, and I've made many of the projects over and over. My own knitting accessories travel in a fish pouch, as does my jewelry. I have flowers for jewelry and other stuff, too. My sewing kit is shaped like a cicada - a handmade souvenir of our 17-year cicada summer of 2004. And just about everyone who's received a handwork-themed gift from me has one of these pouches.

Part of the fun of having a Hurricane Pal with very different interests is that I get to try something new. I've always wanted to make one of the "Village Girl" doll-shaped pouches, but I couldn't think of anyone who would want one. My pal, however, is really into kid-oriented stuff, so I hope that means this pouch will suit her well. It was fun to make, and it's one of the larger desighns, which is probably more useful.

I even completed a project that wasn't on the "to do" list - this felted box from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I started it some time ago, in an attempt to use up leftover yarn. It's the 20-stitch box, but made with worsted instead of bulky, so it's not very big - about 8" on a side. It turns out to be exactly the size of one of the Glad disposable containers, so it could be a handy insulator or a fuzzy snack bowl. It always feels good to finish something, even if it's not on the list.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home