Friday, May 25, 2007

Battening Down the Hatches

For the first time, I'm getting ready for Hurricane Season. That's not really hard to do in Indiana, since it's not as if I need to tape up my windows or anything.

No, here inland, the #1 Hurricane Preparedness Priority is finishing my Hurricane Sock Pal's sock. And here it is, all ready to go.

She seemed pretty flexible, and I didn't find anything that looked absolutely perfect for her, so I decided to go with something with a local tie. This is Broadripple, designed by Rob of ThreadBear Fiber Arts. It's knit in Regia Crazy Color, which makes perfect sense if you know Broad Ripple. Incidentally, Rob has a blog named after his dog. But that's not why I picked the pattern. And I'll bet his dog knows the difference between wool roving and doggie treats.

This, for the record, covers #1 on my list of knitting goals for the summer. So far, so good.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty Sock Indeed!!!!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Josiane said...

I've just seen this sock on Amanda's blog, and I thought it really looked great! Actually, the pattern shows even better on your sock than it does on the socks pictured in Knitty. I guess that the gauge of the Regia was different from the gauge of the Fixation used in the original pattern, so I was wondering: what needle size did you use? I'd like to know, 'cause you might just have inspired me to knit these too!
(You can answer my question here or at: kimianak [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Selena Starfire said...

Hi Josiane -

I used Size 2 needles to go with the Regia yarn. I don't know what the gauge turned out to be, but it wound up being sock-sized.

Amanda and I have about the same size feet. I did a pair of Broadripples in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport for my sister, and went up to 2.5 to make them a little bigger.

I've never actually made this sock in Cascade Fixation.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home