Ali, over at Skeins Her Way, is having a great contest, in which participants are asked to list their summer knitting goals. The lucky winner gets a copy of Ali's first published pattern, and four skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca for knitting it.
Please join in! Check out the contest, then if you add a comment that I referred you, I'll get an extra entry. I promise to share pictures of the yarn should I win, even though sharing the yarn might be difficult!
And here are the goals:
- Finish my Hurricane Sock Party sock
- Finish Elizabeth's Sockday Socks
- Finish a whole bunch of other socks - including Pomatomus, Braided Rice socks, Bavarian Strolling socks, Bulgarian Rose socks, Fascine Braid socks, Cotton socks, and my new Traveling socks.
- Tofutsies socks - this month's Sock Club project
- Finish at least one sweater - probably the Sunrise Circle Jacket, first
- Make or finish a shawl
- Spoil my SP 10 pal with at least two more packages
- Make nifty pouches for both secret pals
- Michelle's sockday socks
- Do some charity knitting - maybe hats for soldiers
- Monkey, made from the leftovers from the Entrelac socks
- Something in Cascade Fixation, maybe
- Socks from my leftover Lucy Neatby yarn, if I can mange it
- Teach a Needle Felting class at River Knits
- The Fish of Prosperty bag that was a gift from Secret Pal Debbie
- Write up my "Walkies" mosaic garter sock pattern, and submit it someplace
- Make the dog sweaters into something the dogs will want to wear - or at least tolerate wearing
- Dye more yarn - maybe hold a dyeing fest
And here are some non-knitting goals, to keep me on track
- Write my essay on The Sunflower, fulfilling my first writing contract ever!
- Finish the dress I wanted to make for my trip
- Organize the kitchen cabinets before Aaron gets home, so he doesn't have to risk injury to cook for me
- Read everything (at least everything in English) by Michel Foucault, so I'm better armed to mock him
- Recover the rocking chair that Max ate
- Get my car working again
- Begin riding a bicycle to work on nice days
- Clean out the garage so I can put my working car in it
- Make the house look beautiful for Aaron's return
- Celebrate Aaron's return in all sorts of delightful ways