Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hurricane Socks

I've finally decided - and committed - to my Hurricane Sock project. Unlike both my SP10 links, I don't seem to have much in common with my Hurricane Pal, so she's been something of a challenge.

When I'm buying Christmas gifts for people I don't know well, I often get something I like, knowing that at least that way I can vouch for its quality or coolness. So that's the plan here - I'll be doing the Broadripple socks from Knitty, from some Regia Crazy Color yarn. Since I grew up in Broadripple, it seemed like an appropriate choice.

And Hurricane Pal, just in case socks named for my hometown don't sound cool enough, I'll note that David Letterman grew up there, too. Perhaps I'll take the socks around to visit his old haunts and give them a celebrity connection!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I'm sure your sock pal will love the socks....cute idea to have the socks make the David Letterman connection!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home