Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sock Knitty

Wow! Six new sock patterns in this month's Knitty. A definite embarassment of riches.

I still have more than my share of socks-in-progress, with all these on the needles:
  • Gull Lace socks from yarn I bought in Germany
  • Secret socks for the Sock Day Club
  • Cotton socks for the May-June River Knits Sock Club
  • Bavarian Strolling Socks, an eternally-interrupted project
  • Bulgarian rose socks, and even more interrupted project

It's been awhile since I've completed any socks. It feels like there hasn't been any time to knit. I think I may start a knitting slowdown soon, as I realize it's been a very long time since I paid attention to any of my other hobbies. Two things on the needles (something portable and something less so) is definitely enough.

And I even have a future project lined up. About 10 years ago, I decided to try to crochet an Ugly Granny Square Afghan from every color of Sugar and Cream yarn I could find. I have nearly an afghan's worth of granny squares in my closet, just waiting to be edged and assembled. So I think, once I know the Sock Day socks are done, I'll pull the crochet back out and see what happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home