Thursday, May 25, 2006

"These are for making socks!"

I have a completely adorable 2.5 year old niece, who's reached the age where she wants to talk about everything. From time to time she's shown an interest in my colorful socks, and I've tried to encourage that.

Last night, I was knitting on the Dreaded Small Capitals Sock (more about this month's Evil Sock Club Project later) when she came in and picked up a ball of yarn. "I'm making socks," I told her, and she put the yarn down and moved on to something else.

But later that night, as I was going to bed, she wandered back to pick up the yarn that I'd oh-so-casually left lying out. With both balls in her hand, she ran around saying "These are for making socks! A blue one and a white one." So maybe she's hooked. :-) My mother was very worried about potential damage to the knitting (or to the niece, since she'd tangled the yarn around her feet), but I think a few unraveled stitches are a small price to pay for a new knitter.

So before I left this morning, I scattered some more socks and yarn around the house. I hope they'll catch some attention.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home