Saturday, January 07, 2012

A New Leaf

It's been awhile since I've updated this blog, hasn't it?

Planning to spend more time on the Internet probably isn't the greatest New Year's Resolution, but I think that's mine.  I'm going to get back to blogging - and knitting - regularly.  I've completed some projects, started many more, and tried my best to keep the VeryBadDogs out of trouble.

What's on the needles now?  This is my current favorite - the Stripe Study Shawl by Veera Välimäki.  It's a funny design - a triangle that begins in the center of the long side, and works out to knit the other two sides at the same time.  Short rows make the triangle lopsided, with wedge-shaped stripes.  I'm using Zephyr lace-weight yarn, purchased from Ursula's Alcove, one of my favorite SCA merchants.

I love the graphic, modern look of this shawl.  I'm thinking of adding a white stripe or two to the bottom, but I'll decide that when I come to it.  It's a great pattern, because it's easy to memorize, so it will be perfect for in-car knitting.

Many other things are or should be in progress, and I'll update those as I go.  Today I'll be spending a lot of time on my stripe shawl, as I'm off on a long trip with the Roller Derby team (see, there's a story there!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tyra Shortino said...

That shawl looks wonderful! It has a strong combination of colors that shows your personality, I guess. Yup, putting up some white outline will give it a more detailed look and lighter feel. Of course, do it with love, that will certainly complete its value.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home