Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Finger

I had a small bit of surgery today - removing a pyrogenic granuloma from my middle finger. According to the doctor, I can do anything I want to do while recovering.

Typing sort of works. I'm being reminded pretty regularly that the "E" key is struck with the middle finger, so in a way it's the most awkward to lose. But I can type with 9 fingers, and I'll just have to make sure I don't create any permanent bad habits.

I'm not so sure about knitting. I hope I don't have any trouble, since I haven't finished my Election Day socks yet.

And while I'm not a doctor, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once. So I feel I can safely determine that dishwashing is contraindicated here. Along with most other housework. I'll be living off frozen food and paper plates for the next few days.

But at least I don't have to wear a lampshade around my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home