Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Highway Hounds

We're on the road! Two freshly bathed dogs, Karen, and me. I have one small bag (and a second bag of knitting, of course!) while the dogs have a suitcase, a bag of treats and food, two pillows, a crate, AND all the doggie comforts Karen provided. It's a good thing she has an SUV. She vacuumed out the entire vehicle, folded down the back seats, and laid out blankets to make a comfortable place where the dogs could lay down and look out all the windows. That's why they're hovering our shoulders, trying to get into the front seat.


So far, we've progressed without incident. Today's trip - five hours to Cleveland - was the longest single leg. So now we've checked into our hotel. It's the dogs' first night ever in a hotel, and see how well behaved they are.

OK, this picture is staged. While they stayed alone during dinner without incident, they've spent a lot of time jumping from bed to bed. My mother used to complain when my brother and I did this, but on the whole I think she had it easier. We never growled or bit each other while jumping.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh. My. Gawd. They are SO cute!! And they do look like pretty well-behaved roadtripping dogs. :)
Safe travels!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What did they eat while you were gone to dinner? Did they let you sleep at night with all the people coming and going in the hotel.
I hope their good behavior keeps up.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home