You don't know me...
unless you know that...
- I still have the stuffed fish that my mother made when I was 7, and he travels with me.
- His name is Fishy-Wishy, an early indicator that I've never been especially good at coming up with names for things.
- The first mammal pet I ever had was a guinea pig, named J.R.
- My father single-handedly won World War II.
- Chocolate gives me migraines, but I'll eat the good stuff anyway.
- I have two dogs, Maximillian the Voracious and Oscar.
- My first dog was Shadow, who we got when I was in high school.
- I don't think it's bedtime until at least midnight, and I never have. I mourned Johnny Carson like a grandfather. One of the first sentences I ever spoke was describing something from The Tonight Show.
- My mother was a Sunday-School teacher for inner city children for more years than I can imagine.
- I got my first needlework kit when I was 4, and still haven't finished it.
- Every single "I thought I was about to die" story I have involves my friend David.
- Two of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met are evangelical Christians.
- So is one of the biggest dickheads, but I try not to dwell too much on his example.
- I'm not Jewish. Really. And neither is my advisor.
- It took me three tries to learn to knit, partially because when I'm learning to do something, I naturally try to do it left-handed. But I'm not left-handed. I may be ambisinister.
- I'm really impressed by the branch of the family that lives in Martinsville. None of them go to college, but they collect and renovate houses for fun.
- When I first heard that a guy named "Barack Obama" was speaking at the Democratic National Convention, I assumed he was Jewish. I didn't realize that he wasn't until he talked about his father.
- I hate artificial fibers.
- I used to play Janet and Columbia at the Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Even so, I'm really very shy and reserved.
Labels: Wednesday Challenge