Wednesday, August 08, 2007

You don't know me...

unless you know that...
  • I still have the stuffed fish that my mother made when I was 7, and he travels with me.
  • His name is Fishy-Wishy, an early indicator that I've never been especially good at coming up with names for things.
  • The first mammal pet I ever had was a guinea pig, named J.R.
  • My father single-handedly won World War II.
  • Chocolate gives me migraines, but I'll eat the good stuff anyway.
  • I have two dogs, Maximillian the Voracious and Oscar.
  • My first dog was Shadow, who we got when I was in high school.
  • I don't think it's bedtime until at least midnight, and I never have. I mourned Johnny Carson like a grandfather. One of the first sentences I ever spoke was describing something from The Tonight Show.
  • My mother was a Sunday-School teacher for inner city children for more years than I can imagine.
  • I got my first needlework kit when I was 4, and still haven't finished it.
  • Every single "I thought I was about to die" story I have involves my friend David.
  • Two of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met are evangelical Christians.
  • So is one of the biggest dickheads, but I try not to dwell too much on his example.
  • I'm not Jewish. Really. And neither is my advisor.
  • It took me three tries to learn to knit, partially because when I'm learning to do something, I naturally try to do it left-handed. But I'm not left-handed. I may be ambisinister.
  • I'm really impressed by the branch of the family that lives in Martinsville. None of them go to college, but they collect and renovate houses for fun.
  • When I first heard that a guy named "Barack Obama" was speaking at the Democratic National Convention, I assumed he was Jewish. I didn't realize that he wasn't until he talked about his father.
  • I hate artificial fibers.
  • I used to play Janet and Columbia at the Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Even so, I'm really very shy and reserved.
The Wednesday Challenge has returned!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home