Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Car Trouble

We're still waiting for word on Aaron's truck. The shop called at 8:30 this morning to say that the air conditioning was leaking, and ask if we'd like it fixed. Since one of the things I really like about the truck is that we can have air conditioning for the dogs, I'm glad he said yes. But they're just saying "sometime this week" for the repairs to be complete, so that isn't real reassuring.

And I'm back to car trouble of my own. The battery was dead this morning, probably thanks to a stuck headlight. When I opened up the hood to check on the battery, I found this:

A birds' nest. In my car. Three people have been poking around under the hood as I've tried to get the car running, so I can't believe that we all overlooked it until now, but there it is. Doesn't seem like a good place for birds, does it?

So now the battery is re-charging, and one way or another I'll fix the headlight at my first opportunity. Probably with a hammer.


Today was, by the way, a very early morning, because we got up at 5:15 to see the total lunar eclipse. The sock came along, too, but I didn't manage to get sock and moon into one picture.


So here's the moon, just a few minutes before the eclipse became total. My fully-automatic camera wasn't a very good tool for taking eclipse pictures, so I don't have any of the total eclipse. The red moon was really impressive, especially as the sky began to turn blue with sunrise. I don't think the dogs noticed, but they enjoyed the early-morning walk, and are sleeping peacefully now, perhaps a result of the disrupted schedule. How can eclipses be bad luck if they help dogs sleep quietly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home