Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sock Club Saturday

It's the last Saturday of the month, which means it's time for Sock Club! I didn't go last month because of the doggie road trip, so this was a welcome opportunity to discuss a pattern that hasn't been working very well for me - Elizabeth Zimmerman's Moccasin Socks.

I love the yarn (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted), and I thought I'd love the pattern. They seemed to be knitting up really fast. I even finished one last month. But it didn't fit, because it's hard to calculate how long the instep of the foot should be. And then there are the holes - all the picking up of stitches for the sole leaves lots of holes around the heel.

Unfortunately, these seem to be common problems, so Sock Club didn't provide much help. I've now re-made the instep much longer than I think I'll need, so I hope I'll have a finished Moccasin soon. If I can get the pattern to work, people may be getting these for Christmas. They probably will be fast to knit once I don't have to do them twice!

In other good news, we got a replacement for the refrigerator that died on Wednesday. I almost had to skip sock club to wait for its arrival, but it would have been worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home