Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas at Purdue

Every year, the Purdue Memorial Union brings in a giant Christmas tree for the Union's Great Hall. It's always impressive - both to watch them bring it in, and to see it once it's decorated. The building smells like pine, and they play (or have live performances) of Christmas music all through Finals week.


My Christmas Sock makes a perfect tree ornament, doesn't it?


A few years ago they added another attraction - a playhouse-sized gingerbread house, decorated by the chef from the HTM program. So now the whole building smells like pine and gingerbread.


And this year, there's a doghouse! I really wanted to bring my boys in to have their picture taken here, but the combination of VeryBadDogs and gingerbread didn't seem like a good one. "Pete," however, is much more cooperative about posing with knitting than my less-nicely-scented dogs are. All this Christmas magic only lasts for two weeks - it disappears with the end of the semester - but it's nice to have something to distract from finals week.



1 Comments:

Blogger caillie said...

I love the Christmas tree and the gingerbread dog house! My husband John knows you from when he went to Perdue and was involved in the SCA there. I was going thru the SCA people in Ravelry and found you.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home